20/04/2010

SAINT GEORGE LEGEND

THE DIARY OF A SILCAN VILLAGER
1st April
Today I’m starting to write to you. I am in Silca, a cold town in Catalonia. I am Erle, a young student and servant of the king. I am an orphan and I haven’t got money. I am writing this personal diary because today have occurred two little earthquakes and there is a burnt forest. 5th April
After the earthquakes it didn’t happen anything and I am very surprised. I couldn’t write because I was very busy the last days.
12th April
I am very desperate today. A dragon arrived to the town and ate a lot of animals. The king said that we have to give some animals for its diet but are finishing and when they finish completely, we won’t eat meat and we will die. I am very exasperated, I have to go out the town but I haven’t got money and I don’t know where I have to go. I need a miracle.
17th April
The dragon ate all the animals and the king said that we are going to give people to the dragon. The first raffle was today, the unfortunates were the smith and his family. The dragon ate the children in only one mouthful. It was horrible. Now it is a quarter to three in the morning. I can’t sleep, I am traumatized. I need to write. I am desperate. OK I’m going to describe the dragon. It’s very big, it’s enormous. It is blue and his head is like an adult person. Its arms are short and its legs too.
23rd April
It’s twelve o’clock, it’s time of the dragon lunch…Wow! Today the unfortunate is the princess! I don’t know what I have to do. The soldiers are taking the princess to the dragon’s cave… It’s amazing, the princess is going to die! What? Someone is riding a horse to here. He or she has got an amour, is a knight! A knight is coming to save the princess, it’s like a tale! The knight is a… is a man! He has got a lance, he’s walking to the dragon and… Wow! He hammed his lance in the dragon’s mouth and saved the princess! But the dragon’s body is converting into a rose, the knight takes the rose to the princess… It is so romantic. I am going to ask the name of the knight… OK, his name is George. What? He is leaving the village. Is he crazy? Today is an amazing day!
24th August
I even remember the day of the knight. I remember his name, it is George. I will remember it forever!
Erle Gardner of Silca

Facundo Cacace, 1st B
The winner in Saint George Contest
s'Agulla, 2010.

A long time ago, in a village there was a big dragon. People was very scared because the dragon was very big! But they couldn't do anything against of that terrible dragon.
The dragon ate all the animals in the village and people had to reach a deal with the king.
The king decided to do a raffle. Every day a person would be given to the dragon for their food. Every day the dragon ate a person. But one day, the raffle decided that day was the princess that should be eaten by the dragon. The king didn't want his daughter for surrenders the dragon but people complained and they said that his daughter should also be eaten as other people. The king decided that his daughter, the same day would be delivered to the dragon. He said goodbye to her daughter and the young princess went to the cave of the big dragon.
Suddenly, a knight came riding a horse with a shield and a sward and he drove the sward into the dragon. From the dragon's blood appeared many red roses and the knight clasped a rose and he gave to the princess. The king was so happy and he wanted to the boy marry with the princess. But the knight had other missions to comply and he had to go.
So he said goodbye and everyone was happy!!

Claudia Allmang, 1st B

SAINT GEORGE POEM



St. George's sword

tore the heart of the dragon.
from its blood,
a rose revived.
The prince with love
to the princess gave
and happily ever after
were the two ...

Sofia Dellanave, 1st B


No comments:

FLD - 18th/DEC

SHREK MOVIE 1st A VIDEOCLIP 1st B VIDEOCLIP 1st D VIDEOCLIP TEACHERS CAROL